Monday, March 22, 2010

My mustard seed

"He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. " Mt. 17:20

So I went through my spice drawer and pulled out a mustard seed from my jar, went online and did my research of this peculiar seed that Jesus compared our faith to.
3mm in diameter, easy to cultivate and grows to be one of the largest plants where even birds can hide and rest in them.

The past couple weeks have been moments filled with insecurities, fears and doubts.
A few interactions with a couple people pushed me to the point where I began to question myself and our desire to adopt.
I forgot the conviction and calling God has given Sol and I and let my emotions take a hold of me.

Thankfully, a dear friend spoke some solid truth to me and reminded me of the calling God has given us to adopt. I feel so privileged and humbled that He would ask us to be part of such a beautiful journey. I don't feel equipped, but I know He will equip us. Our job is to persevere and walk with courage, completely surrender, trust, depend on Him and believe He will provide.

I suddenly realized that like any other plant, this tiny mustard seed can't grow unless it is planted with the appropriate soil and in the right climate.
Unfortunately, my mustard seed hadn't been planted in the right soil. I began this journey with my mustard seed planted in "Christine's soil" and not "God's soil" - His truth, His Word.

If I want my mustard seed to flourish and blossom to be a beautiful tree that symbolizes my faith in Him, then I have no option but to trust and believe that He will provide for every single need we have in order to bring this child home to us.
Trusting Him makes the impossible possible and with Him all the possibilities are endless. All the obstacles and expenses that have started to arrive and will continue to arrive are not impossible for Him but rather ways for Him to show us who He really is. I'm ready to plant my mustard seed in the right soil now cause I can't wait to watch Him MOVE THOSE MOUNTAINS!

"... you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment