Monday, August 9, 2010

Moving forward

Our home study is finally finished! God's timing has been more than perfect for us during this 5 month waiting process. Although we hit a couple obstacles here and there prior to our home study, I have absolutely no complaints or regrets. His timing is perfect. During this time, Sol and I have felt a stronger confirmation that this is the path that God has chosen for us. We are learning not to question His ways, we just follow them and trust that He knows what He is doing.

So our latest news has been the possibility of leaving our adoption to either gender. In the beginning, we chose to adopt a baby boy because we felt a boy would blend in right along with our Ethan and Isaac. But during our home study, we were challenged to leave it open and trust God for which child He has for us.

During these past months, I have felt a stronger tug towards Ethiopia - the culture, food, language etc. I have been asking God to give our family a deeper love for the country and opportunities to learn more about the culture.

I'm dying to meet our little one, but I know He has a certain process for us prior to meeting them and I need the patience to WAIT and ENJOY the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted!!! I like this background better than the black one. I could see the words better!! ;) Keep blogging girl!

    ReplyDelete