Thursday, September 16, 2010

Processing


For some reason, tonight I was overcome with emotion as I thought about our child/children and the unfathomable number of orphans in the world. I had to stop cleaning and putting toys away in order to sit down and process my thoughts.
I have to admit that I'm not so great at journaling, yet alone blogging. I would much rather read someone else's blogs then write my own. But tonight the Lord reminded me that one day our children will read this. It isn't for me, but it's for them and a written journey of His faithfulness and our commitment to them, God and His calling.

So, through prayer and confirmation from God, Sol and I have put in our request for 2 children instead of 1. There are chances that we may only get 1, but we feel that 2 is ALWAYS better than 1! So will you pray this for us? All we can do is TRUST and OBEY!

We were blessed this summer to visit my parents and join my sisters and their families in Seattle. Not only did we have a great time being with family, but we got to celebrate my Grandma's 100th birthday and my parent's 40th anniversary. It was quite a celebratory summer!

We also got to spend the day with some friends that have a total of 11 children. 6 of them adopted and 4 out of the 6 have been adopted from Ethiopia. Sol and I enjoyed our visit so much that we didn't want to leave. It was one of those days where you just want time to stop and make it last longer. As we were getting ready to leave, Elizabeth gave me a portion of scripture that has been such an encouragement.

Isaiah 43:1,5-7
" But now, this is what the Lord says
He who created you, O Jacob
He who formed you, O Israel
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth

everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
who I formed and made."

These verses ALWAYS bring tears to my eyes.


When we arrived back to the Orange County airport, we were welcomed by an Ethiopian Taxi driver. It was so fun to be able to hear him talk about his culture, his food and show excitement towards our adoption. He gladly gave us his phone number and offered to be of whatever help we may need. I smiled as I felt this was God just pouring out on us. I think He was smiling at us too!

3 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear more about your processing and process. :) Praying!!!

    I'd also encourage you to keep blogging!!! After nearly 200 posts over the past 18 months I am so grateful for them because I know that Lil' A and Baby T will crave reading these as they grow older. It's one of the best things I've done during the process!

    Much love and prayers for your family and your baby/babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always such an encouragement to me!! You are truly BEAUTIFUL inside and out!! Just prayed for you. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hearing about what GOd is doing in your family, Chris! What a beautiful blog entry! May God bless your hearts desires!!! :)
    HUGS, tw

    ReplyDelete