Monday, January 17, 2011

One year later

One year has passed and our papers are still not in Ethiopia. Although I did post last month that our papers arrived, I misread the letter we had received and it was only our orphan petition that had arrived in Addis Ababa. Unfortunately one of our dossier documents had to go through 4 notaries in order to be approved with the Secretary of State. It has been nearly 1.5 months since we completed our Dossier and it still needs to be authenticated in Washington D.C. before heading to Ethiopia.  I was slightly annoyed and yet trusting that God has his hand on EVERYTHING and HIS timing is PERFECT! 
Exactly one year ago from today, Sol and I signed the dotted line and gave our hearts away to our children in Ethiopia.  Honestly, I can't stop thinking about them... Why? Because they're our children that God has given us!
When people ask me how many children we have, I tell them we have 2 boys and 2 more on the way. Their usual reaction is to look straight at my belly to see where the babies are! 


This is where they are!


So, even though my belly may not be physically showing, my heart has tremendously grown more in love with these two children since the day we signed on that dotted line.

If I could, I would send this short little letter to them so they would know how much they are loved:

Dear precious ones,

We can't stop thinking about you! 
We hope and pray every day that 
God surrounds you with His angels to guard and protect you. 
Even though we haven't met you,
you should know that you are dearly loved. 
Although we wish you could come home now, 
we trust that God has His perfect timing and will bring us together. 

Eh wed eh SHAH lehu
We love you SOOO MUCH! 

Love your Enat and Abbot
  





3 comments:

  1. 4 notaries. sigh. my heart drops. i'm so sorry it was such a detour! trusting that God knows and His timing is perfect. We are eagerly anticipating with you guys to introduce Lizzie and Meegs to their new cousins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is great I was surfing the web and accidently stumbled here.
    The lord keeps giving me a verse that id like to share
    "Be still, and know that I am God...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I goofed, i guess you already had a whole page and all about this verse.

    ReplyDelete