Monday, December 5, 2011

Obedience

Sometimes God asks us to do things that absolutely make no sense to us. Just like He asked Noah to build an ark in the middle of the desert or calling Abraham at 75 years old to lead His people to the promise land or even asking Joshua to lead the Israelities to march around the walls of Jericho 7 times.
I have never been able to imagine being in their place....and yet here I am now. 

God has redirected our adoption journey from Ethiopia to Ghana. It's not been as easy as it sounds.. .and yet.. we are at peace because we know that we are just being obedient to His calling. 

There are too many details waiting to unfold... alot of waiting and praying.

God has required much more from us... stepping out, finding our voice and really stretching our faith.
To be honest, I was comfortable with where I was at.  I was okay with waiting for the "placement phone call."  Occasionally I would get ancy and want some sort of a timeline, but for the most part I was content.
In the midst of my contentment, I was also sensing that God was asking us to step out and act out in faith.
There were alot of questions and yet we had to discipline ourselves to listen.

As excited as we are, our hearts are sad as we move out of the Ethiopia program.  Over the past several years, we have invested so much into this country and praying for every child there that is longing to belong to a family. Even though we have changed programs, our hearts will always be there.  Since we don't know the ending, we can't question God and His ways.  Our time and money invested towards Ethiopia wasn't wasted, it was part of our journey.

Our boys have been slightly confused and refuse to stop praying for Ethiopia. They have just added Ghana to their prayers.  Our hearts and prayers for Africa have been stretched from East to West.

Some encouragement God has given me within this past month:

Jeremiah 55: 8,9,11
" As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth;
it will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

No comments:

Post a Comment