Friday, February 24, 2012

A face with a story

I look at his picture everyday. My heart breaks for this child and I cannot stop thinking about him and his need for a family.  He is 10 years old without a mother and a father.  He's been living in the orphanage for 5 years and still waiting to be adopted. 

I have no idea why this specific child out of the hundreds/thousands of children has stolen my heart. Right now he is just identified as a number on a few websites.

No name but a face with a story.

A painful story and yet he is described as a 5th grader who loves to read and is one of the most skilled soccer players for his orphanage's soccer team. His dream is to play like Freddy Adu, the Ghanaian soccer player that plays for Washington D.C.'s soccer team.

I don't know why he has never been adopted and has had to wait until now where his age may cause families to hesitate to pursue him.

If I could, I would adopt this child in a heartbeat... but our resources are limited and we still have 4 children we are waiting to bring home!  

I don't know why I am constantly thinking of him and praying for him. Praying that God would provide him a forever family. A family that will not let his age or their fears stand in the way of calling him their son. 

I want to embrace moments like these where God is expanding my heart.  It's easy to feel so overwhelmed with the statistics of 143+ million orphans worldwide.

So tonight I feel so blessed to be able to pray for 5 very special orphans: this handsome 10 year old boy and our 4 children in Ghana with the assurance that God hears and will answer.


"The Lord your God is with you.
He is mighty enough to save you.
He will take great delight in you.
The quietness of his love will calm you down.
He will sing with joy because of you."
Zephaniah 3:17

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,

    I just wanted to let you know that I am deeply moved and inspired by your blog and your adoption journey. I wish that I could do more than just sit and pray for this little 10 year old boy, you wrote about. My heart is heavy for him. I wish I could do more... but all I can offer him right now at this moment is my hearts prayer for him. I pray that he will be blessed with earthly parents who would love and care for him... But until day comes, I pray that God would hold him in HIS ARMS and make HIS DIVINE LOVE and GRACE felt each and everyday. I pray that God would be the ultimate parent for him.

    My heart swells with tears for this child and all the other children in the world without loving parents. Though I sit here feeling burdened that my prayers are not enough, God is reminding me that I must pray in faith knowing that He hears all of our prayers and that no one loves the children more than HIM.

    I also want to let you know how amazed I am by your courage and faith, in this sometimes difficult and challenging journey. I know that God has specially gifted you and Sol. It is apparent to me that God brought the two of you together for a very special purpose. I feel so privileged to get to witness your journey. I look forward to continuing to follow your journey, and getting to see how YOUR BIG GOD STORY unfolds.

    All My Love and Blessings,
    Ann

    On a side note: I love the music.

    ReplyDelete