Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reaching Outward and Trusting Him

I woke up this morning feeling overwhelmed and anxious.

My devotional read this morning:
" Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying My Presence. Walk by faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open up the way before you."
 Psalm 18:29
" With Your help, I can advance against a troop;
With my God I can scale a wall."

Part of the reason why I woke up feeling so overwhelmed was because I recently sent out a fundraising letter AND I created a facebook group to inform friends about our adoption journey and the needs that we have to bring our 4 children home. For those of you that know me well, it took ALOT of courage to press "send" and put ourselves out there. It is truly humbling to reach "out" and let others help and support. Some may say that it's our pride that got in the way of asking for help, but I think it's because receiving is harder for us than giving.  I know that this is why God has brought us here. He is showing us that we can't do this alone.  More importantly, He wants to prove Himself faithful in all of this. 

When we began our adoption process 2 years ago, we started with just a few thousand dollars in our bank account. This was all that we had, no savings and bills to pay. Sol was just starting up a business and we weren't sure how God was going to provide.  For some reason, He asked us to begin our adoption when we didn't have much. As paperwork began to process, God began to pour out His provision on us. It was as if doors in every direction began to open.  We knew He was testing our obedience. Would we trust Him with the little that we had? Even if we didn't, we still obeyed and He still blessed.  He NEVER fails us.

Why then was I was so afraid to send out a letter inviting friends and family to pray about contributing towards our adoption? I think it's because I don't want to be a burden. 
But I realize now that it isn't a burden.  It is actually a beautiful gift to have a community of friends and family that are volunteering their prayers, time, skills and finances to help us become a forever family to these 4 children.  It's not really about the funds that we need, it's about bringing community together to be a part of this life-giving journey.

I am truly grateful. Humbled and completely out of my comfort zone.... but ever so amazed at what God is doing and what He will do.

By the way,we are working on sending out our first care package to our children. I am praying that they sense ALL the love that is wrapped in it. 


Psalm 91:1,2,11,12
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.
For He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

No comments:

Post a Comment