Saturday, April 28, 2012

2 years ago

I still have a blog post dated, April 28, 2010 that was never published because I had a difficult time completing my thoughts. We were only 3 months into our adoption process and were overwhelmed with a couple obstacles that would potentially slow down our process by several months.  I remember sitting at my laptop wondering what God's purpose was in all of this and can still recall myself wondering if our child had been born yet, if our birth mother was pregnant or going into labor. 

And now I have decided to publish that broken and unfinished post from 2 years ago because little did we know that on that "same day"our youngest daugher would be born.  
Today, 2 years later we celebrate her 2nd birthday

The title of my post was: Joyfully Persevering

"It's been a while since I've sat down to write. I think part of the reason is because we've been hit by some pretty challenging obstacles across the way. It was tempting to go around the obstacles or give up, but Sol and I chose to go through them, tackle them one at a time and trust that this is the journey that God has for us.

"Perseverance: continued steady belief or efforts, withstanding discouragement or difficulty; persistence."

I love one of Robert Frost's quotes: " The best way out is always through."

Psalm 27:13,14
"I am still confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart.
Wait for the Lord."

James 1:4
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

_______________________________________________________________


Once again I am blown away...
God was there in the midst of our birth mother's labor and the birth of this beautiful baby girl.  He had/has incredible plans for each one of us that I don't think I will ever be able to piece together. 
And yet...it's okay - I don't need to understand. 
I am thankful that we did persevere and didn't give up.  Although we aren't at the finish line yet, I am so grateful that we chose the way through and not the way out.

To our sweet 2 year old princess,

You are a miracle and beautiful gift to us and all those around you that have loved you and cared for you.  God has chosen you and brought you into this world and has incredible plans for you. 
Everyday I look at your picture I see a sparkle in your eyes and I am reminded of
His faithfulness and goodness in your life. 

I wish I could give you a TIGHT squeeze and LOTS of kisses.
 We can't wait for you to become part of our family and
 yet we know that God's timing is the best.
May you always remember how precious you are and so loved by many. 

Here is a verse God has given for me to pray over you:

Zephaniah 3:17
"  The Lord your God is with you.
He is mighty enough to save you.
He will take great delight in you.
The quietness of his love will calm you down.
He will sing with joy because of you."


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Christine. Happy birthday to your little girl. It's amazing to consider that every single day is being orchestrated by Him for a reason. There is no unpurposed day. We forget, and then something reminds and it's overwhelming. WOW.

    ReplyDelete