Friday, April 6, 2012

I-600a approval!


We have ACTUALLY received our I-171h (our I-600a approval) within less than a week!(The I-171H is basically a document issued from Homeland Security allowing us to bring an overseas orphan into the US. )

Whew!!!

We can finally take a long BREATH from paperwork!

I was informed that it would take at least 4 weeks to receive our approval from the USCIS. So I had this conversation between myself and God where I told Him that it would mean SO much to me if we got our approval before Easter.  I honestly didn't think it would happen, but Easter has always been such a significant time of the year for me. It's not "magical" but it's very real and personal. God graciously reminds me of His incredible resurrection Power and this beautiful gift of redemption that He has given me. He never ceases to amaze me with the ways in which He answers.

Yesterday I took a deep breath before opening our mailbox.... and there it was on top of our stack of junk mail. "Department of Homeland Security." 
I let out a sigh of joy, cried my eyes out and ran to the house. I held back extra tears and waved the precious piece of mail to Sol and the boys.
" It's HERE!!!" 
I trembled with excitement and had to celebrate yet another hurdle. I breathed in every bit of thankfulness.

God, you are SO good.

So... now what?

Now we wait for our court date. The second to the last push of our adoption pregnancy.
Although we don't have anymore paperwork for a while, we now have to begin preparing for our first trip.  We will have to make 2 trips to Ghana. The first trip will be our court date where we will receive our final adoption decree and meet our children for the first time. The second visit will happen after Embassy clearance when we will bring our children home with us.

The wait is not over..... but we are so thankful for all that God has done and brought us through so far.  There is still so much ahead of us and so many unknowns, but every answer that we receive continues to affirm that we are on the right track. 

Our prayer for our children in Ghana is that this Easter weekend they will experience God's amazing resurrection power and be reminded of how much they are loved. We pray for continual healing in their hearts and that God would knit all 8 of our hearts together even while we are apart.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment