We leave for Ghana in less than 3 weeks!!!
It's been over 24 hours and I still feel like my head is spinning and my feet have yet to touch the ground. Sol is still in shock... a very HAPPY shock.
The moment has finally come!!
Would you mind taking a moment to rejoice with us?
It has been one long journey of waiting, hoping and trusting.
Lessons of listening to God's voice and obeying it even when it didn't make sense has grown our faith in so many ways.... and yet we are still learning to trust HIM every step of the way. I can't even begin to thank HIM enough for all the prayers He has answered so far. HE didn't have to answer so specifically and go above and beyond for us, but HE did. HE did it because HE loves us and HE cares for these children.
One of my dear friends cried with me over the phone yesterday and told me it was as if we found out we were pregnant with quadruplets. Quadruplets that we have been praying and waiting for. I can't explain the feeling, but I can tell you that just as pregnancy stretches a mother's belly to provide space for the growing baby, our hearts have stretched far more than enough to love and embrace these children whom we have never met.
We are truly grateful and EXCITED for the upcoming journey that's ahead! There is ALOT that needs to get done within these next few weeks, so PLEASE continue to pray for our family.
1. Pray for visas to be processed quickly
2. Pray for our children as they receive this good news
3. Pray for God's continual provision for all that we need to do to prepare for our trip; One of our hopes is that we can also bring meaningful gifts for each child in our children's neighborhood.
4. Although we have not met our fundraising goal, we believe God will provide for us every step of the way. Please continue to join us in praying that He would provide enough funds for us during this first trip to Ghana.
5. Pray for all of us to stay healthy!!