Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Praying for a Miracle

There is not a moment of my day where I am not thinking of our children in Ghana...

As I tuck in our boys to bed at night, I wonder and pray for them as they will soon wake up to begin their day of school. 

As I clean our dinner dishes and pack up leftovers and lunches for the next day, I wonder if their tummies are full and whether they had enough to eat that day. 

As I throw in each dirty load of laundry in our front load high efficiency washing machine, I think about their caretakers and our children hand washing their laundry in buckets of dirty well water. 

My heart is torn...

I received more pictures today and a sweet video of our children.  Today was one of those days where I didn't think I could wait one day longer.  We have been waiting exactly 1 month  for our court date.  Our agency has informed us that our wait for a court date could take from 1 month up to 6 months.

I know that I have no choice but to rest in the presence of God with the assurance that His hand is on our children. Whether they have enough food to eat and water to drink, I have to believe that He is providing for their needs.
Even though all 6 children aren't under one roof yet, this mama's heart never stops thinking about each one of them!!

So... I am asking you to pray for a miracle. (For those of you that know me, it isn't easy to put myself out there like this... but I figure it never hurts to invite more people to pray!)
We are asking those around us to pray that we miraculously get a court date by June.  Whether God chooses to answer the way we want, we feel that He has asked us to pray boldly.  (This seems to be a reoccuring theme throughout our adoption journey.)  We believe we can never ask too much from God.  He has never failed to answer us and we trust He will provide the perfect answers at the right time.  Our 4 children and their caretakers have been praying and waiting for answers.  There are so many other people involved in our adoption process just waiting for God to answer. 

Will you join all of us in prayer? 
Pray for God's favor on our court date and that it will happen in June.
 Pray for our papers to be transferred from the bottom of the pile to the top of the pile. 
Pray that all of us involved will be able to witness God's hand move in ways that we could have never imagined.  

4 comments:

  1. Christine,
    We are praying and believing with you. What a beautiful and inspiring journey of faith in Love, God Himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fellow adoptive mom. I'm goining you in prayer on June 23. Last year, we adopted while living in Argentina and were also falsely accused of child trafficking.

    Please know I will be continually praying in BOLDNESS as you walk through this difficult time.

    Alisha Holt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, read of your situation and wanted to tell you my husband and I are praying for you in this tough situation. Praying for quick resolve for your family and the systems; praying for peace for you and your children; praying that anyone who hears about it will be touched as if you were their close friend so they feel the urgency to pray.

    My heart aches for you - prayers and love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you got your June court date, and it sounds like you're even home before July. I have been praying for you since I heard of your troubles in Ghana. I know you have had to fight and pray hard for your family. Welcome home! I will continue to pray as you transition together.

    "Pray that all of us involved will be able to witness God's hand move in ways that we could have never imagined." I imagine this was answered in spades!

    ReplyDelete